Sunday, April 13, 2014

Curious About Candles?

With all my neurological symptoms I always figured candles were a bad idea for me.
Also, my father is a firefighter so they were forbidden at home.
Recently, I have found some candles that don't trigger my symptoms and have gotten a little candle-obsessed. 
I hope to review some candles I have tried on both the scents and lasting power as well as the effects they have on me. I know everything affects everyone differently but it may be nice to have some information before purchasing.
The candle I am going to talk about today was purchased during the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale for four dollars. It came in such a cute jar I couldn't pass it up!

Adorable, right?!
So I love the smell straight from the candle but when burning its a lot less like a field of apples and a lot more sickly sweet smelling. It definitely gives me a headache and some trouble seeing. 
Personally, I would not repurchase this candle even if it didn't make me sick as the smell of it burning isn't what I was lead to believe it was by sniffing the candle. 
I will be giving this one to my roommate to burn when I'm not home. 

Let me know of any candles that you like (or don't). 
--Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel, there was no contact information that I saw so I figured I would just post here. I really like the blog and it looks like your interests are fairly eclectic. The reason for the post is to respectfully ask to give you a gift. I want nothing in return other than to improve others lives. I have been blessed to know some amazing people who have struggled with chronic pain that have inspired me with their resilience, determination and optimism. What I offer is a vitamin / herbal supplement that has literally given people not unlike you their lives back. I offer the supplement for free so you can determine its effectiveness for yourself. Also if you would like to read about or even talk with someone with fibromyalgia who has benefited I would be very pleased to put you in touch. I am happy to mail it to you or anyone in need. I do ask that you relay to me via phone, email or whatever media you are comfortable with what your results are.

    With humble respect and best wishes
    Jared Lundberg
    jaredlevel@gmail.com
    801-828-6233

    ReplyDelete