Wednesday, April 23, 2014

DIY Lip Scrub

No, I don't want no scrub. A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me.

Wait. Wrong kind of scrub.
HOW EMBARRASSING. 

Anyway, Here is a super easy and cheap lip scrub recipe!
All you need are these ingredients: 


If you can't tell by my bitchin' jar labels this is granulated sugar, coconut oil, and olive oil.

I also used wintergreen essential oil to make it smell delicious, but that is optional.


Alright here we go.
Start with 1/2 TBSP Sugar


Then add a 1/2 TBS Coconut oil


And then just pour in some olive oil 
(If you want to be specific it was about 1/4 TBS)


I then added about 8 drops of Wintergreen essential oil, but that is totally optional.
Now just mix it all together and put it any air tight container you have.
I got mine in a two pack in the travel section of Walmart.


To use you just scoop some onto your finger and wipe it on your lips.
Then you rub your lips together until the sugar is gone!
You lips will be super duper soft and you will feel like a fairy princess.
This is the best if you follow the scrub with a moisturizing lip balm.




NOTE: This  is a very loose recipe. Some of you may prefer more sugar or oil and that is completely up to you. I have also made this without the olive oil and its just more solid, but still works great. 
Play around with the ingredients until you love the result.


Let me know if you try this out or have any questions!
Have fun.
--Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment